Tuesday, October 03, 2006

This was written on October 3, 2006

BAILEY, CO - Agents with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation said the gunman who terrorized Platte Canyon High School last week was at the school the day before.......

KUSA - Although the Penn. Police Commissioner doubts there is any connection between the shootings at an Amish schoolhouse and Platte Canyon High School, many think it could be a copycat crime......

Nickel Pine, PA - 5 Girls Still Hospitalized; Gunman Said He Had 20-Year-Old Grudge, But Likely Not Against Amish....

FIRESTONE, Colo. A 5-year-old boy from Firestone is expected to make a full recovery after being shot in the leg.The boy's father Nolberto Ojeda, 29, was arrested Saturday night on suspicion of felony child abuse....

EVERETT, Wash. -- Authorities said a group of about 15 teenagers pulled a woman from her car and beat her Thursday afternoon near Mariner High School in Everett.EVERETT, Wash. -- Authorities said a group of about 15 teenagers pulled a woman from her car and beat her Thursday afternoon near Mariner High School in Everett....

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- Officials in St. Johns County said a man shot and killed after a high-speed chase may be the man wanted by the FBI in connection with a murder in Virginia and violent armed robberies in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina.,,,

HOUSTON -- A jury found a 12-year-old boy guilty Friday of killing his father, KPRC Local 2 reported.
The boy, who was not identified because of his age, was found to have committed an act of delinquent conduct, which is the juvenile court's version of a guilty verdict....

I have spent considerable time this week feeling sorrow for the parents of innocent children who have been murdered by crazy people. I want to do something about it. The only thing I can think of is to make my part of the world a better place by speaking up about morals and taking a stand against evil. I am very anxious to go on some missions. I think we can do some good in those areas. In fact, over the last few months I have been dissatisfied with what I am doing to make an impact on the world to make it a better place. I feel a need to reach out to others and help them.
There are alot of things I can do right now. I can walk for the Cure (breast cancer). I can donate to places who make Thanksgiving meals for the homeless. I can go to the Denver Shelter to help serve. I think I need something beyond teaching a lesson in RS once a month and going to the temple twice a month.

No comments: