Monday, July 27, 2009

What Happens in Sturgis May or May Not Stay in Sturgis

So, as much as I don't want to show this, I think I better. The only thing I request is that you don't tell or show my mother. Okay?

This is the way the conversation went.

Robert: "What did you DO you yourself?!"

Janeil: "Did you go walking where I told you not to go?"

Carrie: "Did you fall? Are you okay?"

Vaughn: "Seriously, you can't tell at all."

Christina: "I have this germicide wipe. You don't have to use it on the cut, but your face is probably sticky."

John: "I like the story that you were in a bar fight."

Terry: "What happens in Sturgis, stays in Sturgis."

Christina: "We will have to start calling you Harry Potter." (Because there will probably be a scar.

Me: "I am SO embarrassed. Man, this stings! Did I break my nose? Will the bleeding stop soon? Now I will have a scar just like Andrews. Do I have to tell my kids? I definitely can't tell my mother! I just want to cry. Will this be gone before Robert's reunion? Should I blog about this? Can I pass it off by saying, 'You should see the other guy?' "

So here it comes. And seriously, this had nothing to do with riding a motorcycle. It was just me being clumsy, catching my toe on a rock and then slamming my face on another rock. All within the view of Mt. Rushmore. I am home from work for a couple of days because it looks worse now. But I am fine otherwise. Just don't let this scare you. Okay?










5 comments:

adrienne said...

Well, if you ever get lost your mom can tell the store security guard that yes, you do have a distinguishing characteristic-- a scar between your eyes. Works for us with Andrew!

Rebecca said...

WOW! It does look like you were in a bar fight! sure hope you are feeling better.

RH said...

I hope it looks worse in pictures then it does face to face! How big was that rock?

Jan said...

It actually ended up looking even worse than the pictures. I stayed home from work for two days. Then I faced the music and have been explaining, joking, or hiding since. Everyone at work has been so nice. I am not sure how I am going to feel on Sunday when I lead the music in Sacrament meeting. My skin is starting to turn yello and I have a huge bandage on the bridge of my nose.

Jaymesmom said...

My kids are really worried about you! They keep asking how you did it and why you fell down and if you are going to be ok. I didn't mean for them to see it they just walked up on me. I was wondering the other day why you were on facebook in the middle of the day or if you could do it at work now. Well, now I know. Hope you feel better. Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!!