Friday, September 11, 2009

Facebook Is Ruining My Blogging!

So the other day I realized checking on Facebook all the time is cutting into my Blogging. Of course, Facebook is keeping me in touch and getting me back in touch with friends from all over and from quite while ago. I just found a friend from Louisiana whom I hadn't seen in probably 15+ years. Since then her husband has passed away. All her children are married and have families. This week a brother-in-law passed away and so we were able to contact family members through facebook and email and have set up a place to stay etc through Facebook. AND I find that pictures are more interesting on Facebook too with whole albums. I don't play the games on Facebook or do quizzes very often, etc. I just spend my time sort of "interacting" with others there.

But I get to put down words with a Blog. It's a place to put down rambling thoughts a few pictures, etc. Among the things that I love are music, hands, the Book of Mormon, my family, the skies of Colorado, baby necks, Caesar salad, and words.

Books have always fascinated me. Putting words on paper, thoughts on paper, feelings on paper draws me in. I was a pretty good letter writer before email. I still write occasionally to my Grandmother. But a letter coming in the mail is a miracle these days. I have actually started quite a few books. I have them around still but get sidetracked by life and don't finish them. Probably should even if it is just to say I did it.

To wrap up this rambling thought I think I should try to Blog a little more and Facebook a little less. Maybe I can. I just hope it doesn't fall into the category of New Year's resolutions.

No comments: