Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Getting Back On Track

I started crocheting a scarf using sock yarn.  It's rainbow colors.  It's a simple double crochet until the edging which will be a scallop.    There were quite a few comments and nice complements.  My sister really liked it, the yarn especially.

I had gotten really far, almost finished the body portion.  Then I noticed that somehow I was losing stitches and the silly thing was getting narrower.  I tried to add stitches back in thinking that it would be less noticeable after the scalloped edge was added.

But the perfectionist in me couldn't handle it.  I knew that there would be some who would want to inspect it and I would not be happy with the comments then!  I ended up pulling out 3/4 of it.  :(

I was sad.  I am still sad because I have not been able to get going on it since we got home from camping.  And now, guess what?  I don't even know where the yarn is.  Oh wait!  I remember where it is!  That's great because I am ready to

GET BACK ON TRACK!!

I can't even bare to show you a picture of it right now.  Just give me a few days.

Then, my question is, "What else needs to get back on track?"  Whew! What a question.

No comments: