Sunday, July 31, 2011

And So It Begins

Friday was basically Robert's last day of work.  He doesn't officially retire until the last day of August.  He is taking vacation for a month.  But it's pretty much on to the next phase of life.

HOW WEIRD IS THAT?

I was thinking about a time when I was working in the book store and how much I envied the middle-aged people who came in who were either on extended vacations or retired.  And now WE are THEM.

Weird #1
Old people retire.  We are not old.  Or are we?
Weird #2
Unless Robert goes for a walk, to Home Depot for supplies, or for a motorcycle ride we are virtually going to be together every. single. day. for the rest of our lives.  Right now that is all right with me.
Weird #3
We are going to sell our home and live in an RV for a while full-time.  We will sort of be homeless.  I've never done that (be homeless by choice) in my whole life.
Weird #4
Next year at this time we could be missionaries.  Could be.  It depends on how things work out.

It actually feels rather relaxing.  Liberating.
We will still have responsibilities, family, bills, appointments, and meals to cook.  But we are looking at these activities from a different perspective or angle or whatever you will.
We have big smiles on our faces.
I am typing here in the dark.  Robert is asleep beside me. It is Sunday night and neither one of us is freaking out because tomorrow is Monday.
Sigh.  What a life!!

1 comment:

Jaymesmom said...

Yeah!! I think it is pretty awesome. And you can't be any older than I thought you were when I was a kid and you old me you were 32. Haha. I passed you up. Can't wait to see you.