Wednesday, December 13, 2006

"Thomas! Why do we have to go over this again and again? " Cynthia moaned as she flung herself down on the burgundy leather sofa. "I'm so tired of all this debate."
"Cynthia, I just have to find an answer," Thomas said soothingly. He sat down next to Cynthia and tried to take her hand.
"Don't touch me!" she cried out and at the same time she jumped up from the sofa and grabbed her pink cordoroy jacket off of the coffee table. "I'm leaving Thomas. Don't follow me. Don't try to find me." Cynthia turned and fixed Thomas with a blazing stare from her ice blue eyes. "IF I calm down and IF I decide that I can hassle this through ONE MORE TIME I'll let you know. Otherwise, you can just forget about me!"
Cynthia punctuated her last sentence by jabbing her finger into Thomas' chest with each word.
Taking a few steps backward with each jab, Thomas stumbled back onto the sofa. His eyes filled with tears which threatened to spill over and down his pale cheeks. Slowly his jaw dropped as Cynthia jerked about and grabbed the doorknob. The door flew open with such force that when it hit the wall a picture in a frame fell to the floor, cracking one corner of the glass.
Cynthia called "sorry!" over her shoulder as she ran from the room.......

No comments: