Monday, August 11, 2008

Sharing the Gospel and the Internet



We had a very interesting Sacrament Meeting yesterday about sharing the gospel and the internet. Elder Ballard spoke in the last conference about this. His talk was the basis of the Sacrament meeting.
The Church has a website, of course. Family History is going to be going totally internet until the work is done in the temple. Missionary work can be done through sending e-pass along cards, referrals, sharing our beliefs, etc.
The whole world uses the internet, of course, and members are not behind in that.
One portion of one talk was about blogs and how they can share the gospel. I already had a link to www.lds.org and other LDS bloggers. My children and others are also linked there. I should also add www.mormon.org
I have my security settings pretty strong for who can find my blog and view it on the internet so not many people may be looking at it. But maybe someone will.
PLUS, I also have a Facebook page and should add more about the gospel on that medium.
One of the "friends" I have on facebook commented on another "friend's" picture. He said something like, "I didn't realize that the Book of Life was going to be facebook." But it sort of is. Afterall, people post their lives there for all to see. Facebook pages have been utilized in job interviews and also in a court case I read about. Why not Heavenly Father's Book of Life?
Interesting, interesting.

No comments: