Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to my dad.
Forrest Wayne Dayhoff - Born: December 15, 1930 Terre Haute, Indiana
Dad passed away peacefully in his sleep January 10, 2007 Elverta, California.
How I miss him. It is hard to believe that he is not here on the earth because I feel so close to him. It feels like I could just pick up the phone and call him. A couple of weeks ago I was missing him so much that I prayed that I would have a sign that he was still there. When I got in the car a tape was playing at the end of a song and the words were "God be with you till we meet again." Was it a message? I don't know. But it felt like it. I am just grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and knowing we can be together again.
When he left it literally broke my heart. At first the doctor's thought I had had a heart attack. But my heart was just broken.
The last time we talked was January 1, 2007 at 1:00 a.m. Robert and I were sound asleep and the phone rang. It was midnight in California and the beginning of a new year. Dad was simply gleeful at the start of the new year and wanted to share his joy with his family. I didn't have the heart to chide him for waking us up and I didn't really mind anyway. He said as he was hanging up that he was going to call Rebecca. It was after 3 a.m. in Michigan! I think he called her.
Often when we would talk on the phone I would say, "I love you." and he would say, "I love you more." Boy do I miss that.
Happy Birthday, Dad. December 15th will always be a special day to me.

At age 2.


With his dog Rocky.


In Norfolk, VA.


He loved boats. This is us kids and Grandpa Dayhoff and Dad.


He loved to fish.


Hippie phase! with grandson, Alex.


Beard phase.


He drove to Utah for Great Grandson Kyle's blessing.


With Great Granddaughter, Alexa. Dad came out a few times to Colorado and Utah to visit with us, his grandchildren, and great grandchildren. Jared named his last son after Dad. Parker Forrest Ottley.


I was on a business trip to California and Rebecca was in California visiting Dad and Joyce. They drove part way down and Robert and I drove part way up and we had dinner together.


At the top of Mt. Evans, Colorado - 14, 000 + feet.


February 2006 Dad flew into Salt Lake City where we picked him and and we drove up to Island Park to snow mobile. I think he had a great time!


I am proud that my dad was a veteran. I salute you, Dad.


So, God be with you till we meet again. That will be a happy day.

1 comment:

RH said...

Thanx for posting some pics of grandpa. I haven't seen those before.