Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Elinor Dashwood

I took three different online surveys last night and each one of them said that as a Jane Austen Character I was Elinor Dashwood.

While all the other women in the Dashwood family are drama queens, Elinor holds them together on a daily basis with her calmness and practical good sense.

Not that she doesn't have an emotional side.  She just  has it under control.  I'm a think before you speak kind of girl too.  And I'm happy to be Elinor.

I have often pondered about Martha in the New Testament who was the good hostess in her home where Jesus was a guest.  According to an article I read Mary and Martha both sat at Jesus' feet. (Luke 10:39)  But when the guests were hungry Martha got up and put together a meal.  Martha has a spiritual side too and sat at Jesus' feet as well as taking care of her home and the Savior.

Hooray for the practical girls.

No comments: