Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I was wondering if I had EVER made a New Year's resolution which I kept? I will have to give that some thought because I think I have not been very successful.

N. Eldon Tanner, “Just for Today,” New Era, Jan 1975, 4

Supposing today were your last day on earth,
The last mile of the journey you’ve trod;
After all of your struggles, how much are you worth?
How much can you take home to God?
Anonymous


These words from a well-known poem sum up what life is all about. We are born, we live, and we die; and for what purpose? Our knowledge and understanding of the reason for our existence and what our eternal destiny will be should help us in determining how we shall live and how to sift out and strive for the really important things in life.

This is the beginning of a new year, and each of us might well say to himself, “Today is the first day of the rest of my life. Let me begin now to prepare for eternal life, that I may know a fullness of joy and happiness now and forever.” After all, this is really what each of us wants, and it is most important that we take time to find out how to get it and begin now to work at it day by day.

2 comments:

adrienne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
adrienne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.