Thursday, October 13, 2011

Looking for Beauty and Strength

I am giving a talk on Sunday.  It's about courage and trials and adversity.  Interesting how the bishopric asks people to talk on subjects the person is dealing with.

I just wanted to mention two thoughts I had not considered before when dealing with adversity.

The first is Beauty.  The thought is:  Don't let the problems around you keep you from noticing the beauty that is around you too.  And I think that it will follow that we can get through our trials with a little bit more courage if we notice the beauty.

The second is Strength.  I had not thought before about pondering our strengths to find the ones that can help us succeed or even figuring out how to use the strengths we have to meet our trials.

Just saying.

No comments: