Thursday, October 25, 2007



"What would you do if you knew you could not fail?" Robert Schuller

Words are very powerful. They can hurt, motivate, uplift, teach, inspire. Sarah Twiss from Church has the quote above on her emails. Quite an interesting question to ponder.

The possibilities are mind-boggling.

What do you think you would do? I know many people who have a "List of Things To Do". (One thing I need to do is find out if the punctuation goes inside the quotes or not. :)

I have been pondering making a list. As usual, I have thought of several different ways to do this. But the main type of list would be the types of things that pertain to the "what if you could not fail category." Now these are all things for my adult self, not from the beginning of my life. The goals from early in my life, I have met except two I can think of. Maybe I had better not go there. I might think of too many that I have not accomplished.

Temple marriage (check)
Children (check)



1. Learn to ski (check)
2. Live in Colorado (check)
3. Travel to England (check)
4. Write a book or so.
5. Earn a college degree. (I have not but some of my children have. Hurray!)
6. Travel to Hawaii (check. In fact, I have traveled a few places I did not plan on. For instance, I have traveled to Guatemala and Mexico. They were not on my list.)
7. Travel to Australia
8. Have some kind of sewing business; bags, children's clothing, children's quilts.
9. Retire :)
10. Go on several missions
11. Live close to my children and grandchildren
12. Read Jesus the Christ
13. Sing with the MoTab
14. Be skinny
15. Cruise to Alaska
16. Organize my family history
17. Road trip after road trip with Robert

There are probably more. Time to put on my thinking cap. These are do-able.

Oh. And why the Halloween Doggies? I love doggies and I love Halloween.

BOO!

P.S. Funny Halloween story. I was making a Halloween bib for one of my grandchildren. I wanted to embroider some Halloween words around the edge with my embroidery machine. I thought it would be cute to put the word "Boo" on the edge. I practiced at first for size and set up. As the machine was sewing I noticed that the boo words were too close together and it looked like a continuous string of the words boob.

I laughed till I cried. :)

No comments: