Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I found out that today is "International Talk Like a Pirate Day." It has been kind of fun every-once-in-a-while saying "ARRR!" I also sent out a few reminders on my distribution list and used some pirate jargon. Avast! Ahoy! Me Hearties! etc.
I feel like I am not having relaxing fun much. Most things feel like work, no matter what they are. Sad, isn't it? So throwing around a few pirate words was fun today.
Yesterday, one of my friends told me that Sept. 19th was International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Then there was an announcement about the special nature of this day on the radio on the way in to work. So then I googled pirate talk and found that there are actually quite a few people who are really into pirates. Now I should have known that after we went to the Renaissance Festival this year in Larkspur, CO. and a major portion of the fair was pirates, pirate gear, pirate clothes, and pirate talk. Plus, the pretty good acceptance of Captain Jack Sparrow in the movies should have queued me.
It was also interesting that on the two websites that I actually read a little, there were both disclaimers about pirating.
"Just remember that real pirates were very nasty, reprehensible people" is the basic wording.
Once the phone rang and I almost answered by saying, "ARRR!" Now that wouldn't have been a good thing. Or would it?
Have a little fun every day!

No comments: