Thursday, September 20, 2007

I like to read blogs. It all started a couple of years of years ago when I googled knitting. I got hooked (that woudl be crocheting) on a blog from a lady in England. She was working on her PhD. but couldn't finish it because she couldn't stop knitting. Then I found a blog spot for some LDS People, active and less active. I found a "heavy weight" lady's group. then I found "Ernest Goes to Iraq". He is a civilian contractor who wrote from Iraq while he was there retro-fitting armor under trucks to better protect the military folks. I also found some pretty interesting young women who were either in school, finishing school, teaching school. The one that linked me to some of them now requires an invitation to view the blog. That makes me wonder if something happened. Like, was she being stalked? So anyway, now I have to find them on my own and bookmark them.

1 comment:

Jared Ottley said...

One way of finding new and interesting things to read is to find sources that have the same interests as you or sites that aggregate lots of shared links to sites, web pages or blogs. You can look at sites like digg, del.icio.us, etc. for things that you like. It would also be helpful to others if you posted links to the blogs you read or interesting sites you read as links in your posts, or as part of your blogroll. You could also get an account at del.icio.us where you can share bookmarks with others. An important thing is to tag these bookmarks and your blog posts. It makes it easier for others (and you to find things that you find interesting, based in common themes, or ideas.)