Thursday, May 22, 2008

Meet My Ride

With gas prices soaring we are trying to conserve cash, cars, & helping with environment along with having a little fun at the same time.
We used to drive separately even though we work for the same company and on the same street, although not in the same buildings. We have a 20 mile round trip each day.
It costs me about $60 (probably more now) each week. Bob was that much when he drove an automobile.
The MDX gets about 19.3 MPG. The Dodge Diesel Pickup gets about 19 MPG. The Jeep gets about 17 MPG.
We are now riding together as much as possible. When Robert is out of town, of course, I drive. If we have appointments offsite we will drive separately. But over all we drive together. But now that the weather is nice most of the time we are getting 50 MPG.
Here's the reason why:



People are not so surprised that Robert is riding a motorcycle. Me, on the other hand? I AM a surprise. When I walk in with my helmet (yes, we are safety conscious) and my red Sprocket jacket, I get second looks and comments. I guess I project a different image usually.

Maybe it is in my genes?



My Dad's motorcycle in the 1940s. My mom said she could not tell me that I couldn't get on the back of a motorcycle with a guy because she did the same thing.

1 comment:

Jared Ottley said...

Grandpa's bike is Beautiful. I would love to get a nice vintage bike like that.