Friday, June 20, 2008

Hotel California


Guess what I found out? My sister has a blog! I never knew. Over the last little while I have been trying to blog a little more. Several of my children have blogs. It has been fun to see pictures and read about their lives, interests, children, experiences, etc. My blog has been turning more and more into a family history type blog with older pictures and memories.

So I did the Father's Day blog and got a couple of responses. One was anonymous. I knew it had to be either my sister or brother. I didn't think that my brother read blogs or spent much time on the computer. My sister loves the computer. But still....

Well, she wrote to me about reading my blog. She had found it through reading my daughter-in-law's blog. You know how you start reading a blog and then read the blogs that they read and then read the blogs that they read.... so on and so on.
THEN she confessed that she had a blog too. I think that is fun. But she also confessed that reading my blog mad her sad some times. Well, I would NEVER want to make her sad. So I told her not to read it if it makes her sad. BUT I really would like her to read it. :)

My sister is a wonderful and giving woman. I enjoy her so much and her sense of humor. She makes me laugh more than any other person. Maybe it is the life ties that we have as sisters and growing up together? We just sort of "get" it? It is rather hard to make me laugh these days so I appreciate her ability. It's just the way she phrases and explains things. And she is very talented and has a houseful of kids (well, a lot have grown up now) who keep her running around and she works in the schools, etc.

So, I googled her and found her blog. It is called Hotel California. I had to read a while to find out why. But it has great pictures of people and now I can keep in contact with her life even more AND especially since we live so far apart.

While on a trip we stayed at the Hotel California. It was so funny because we definitely were NOT in California. I have been there and I know it wasn't California. Does California mean something in Spanish? I HAD to take a picture of the sign. And all the time we were there I kept singing out loud and in my head the "Hotel California" song. The song is sort of creepy in parts and while the hotel is not creepy, it is different from a Marriot for sure.

My sister and I both lived in California, she living there Much longer than I. But we both love the song and this is a great picture. (If you want me to send you a copy of it, I can, R.)

So Happy Friday! It's been a long week. Happy Summer! Did you know today is the first day of Summer?
I love my sister!

2 comments:

Ryan Scott Miller said...

California doesn't mean anything in spanish. It comes from a myth about a land inhabited by griffins and other strange beasts and rich in gold (Wikipedia). There are definitely some "strange beasts" from there, but there are also some pretty awesome beasts from there too! And Beth swore she'd never marry a guy from California...HA!

Unknown said...

HI there Janice
It is so fun seeing all of the family history from your perspective. It makes me smile everytime I read your blog.